Built in 1955, it was to be the penultimate test cell facility at Pyestock (as space was left for a ram-jet test
cell to its east and the Battle Test House). The machine hall dominates the centre of the
building, the cavernous space host to three huge turbines which supplied or sucked air to the combustion,
turbine and compressor rigs in separate rooms to the north and south.
Whilst these huge turbines and all their control equipment remains, some of the test rig rooms have been
long stripped and stand empty and dark. Others, such as the three storey room dubbed "Cathedral", are piled
high with models, equipment and documents from previous tests.